Just like most countries, Hungary Embassy has two offices in Nigeria. There’s an Embassy in Abuja and a Consulate office in Lagos.
Hungary, Hungarian Magyarország, landlocked country of central Europe. The capital is Budapest.
Hungarians, who know their country as Magyarország, “Land of Magyars,” are unique among the nations of Europe in that they speak a language that is not related to any other major European language.
Hungary is among the top tourist destinations in Europe with the capital Budapest regarded as one of the most beautiful cities worldwide.
Despite its relatively small size, the country is home to numerous World Heritage Sites, UNESCO Biosphere Reserves, the second largest thermal lake in the world (Lake Hévíz), the largest lake in Central Europe (Lake Balaton), and the largest natural grassland in Europe (Hortobágy).
Hungary Embassy In Nigeria Visa Fee
As of writing, Hungary Embassy in Nigeria Visa Fee is ₦27,230.87.
Hungary Visa Requirements in Nigeria
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Hungarian Visa.
- Fully completed visa application (signed by the applicant, only Hungarian and English version accepted). You can download the visa application form here.
- Valid passport (which must be valid for at least 3 months after returning from Hungary, issued within the last 10 years and containing 2 empty pages).
- 1 passport-size color photo (US standard size, not older than 6 months).
- Round-trip airplane ticket reservation.
- Hotel reservation or official letter of invitation signed by the Hungarian Immigration and Naturalization Office.
- Confirmation letter from your health insurance company stating that you will be covered for at least 50.000 USD for any medical and repatriation expenses, for the whole period of stay and for the territory of every Schengen State.
- Confirmation of financial resources (the last 3 months of bank statements).
Types of Hungary Visa in Nigeria
1. Tourist Visa
This is the type of visa issued to persons who intend to visit Hungary for tourism purposes. You can also visit family and friends while on this visa.
2. Business Visa
This is the type of visa issued to Nigerians traveling to Hungary for business purposes.
3. Student Visa
International students who want to stay in Hungary for more than 90 consecutive days and who are not EU citizens are required to apply for a long-term student visa to stay in the country.
Student visas requirements for Hungary vary, therefore it’s important to inquire well in advance about the entry regulations which apply to your home country.
4. Work Visa
If you’re planning on taking a job in Hungary, you need to get a work permit first.
Since Hungary has joined the European Union, its rules and regulations regarding labour mobility are changing as they come into line with EU directives.
Hungary Visa Requirements in For Tourist Visa
- The Hungarian tourist visa is a short-stay visa. A short-stay visa is one not exceeding 90 days. If you wish to stay in Hungary for longer, you will need to obtain a residence permit.
- All visitors to Hungary must carry a valid passport.
- With a Schengen visa, you are free to visit all the Schengen countries during your stay in Hungary but this shall not exceed 90 days in any given 180-day period.
- If you are travelling with a Schengen visa, the visa will include the maximum days of stay allowed and any limitations to the countries you can visit.
- Applicants seeking this visa need to submit an letter of invitation issued and endorsed by the Office of Immigration and Nationality. A letter of invitation in the form of a public notarial document is also accepted. A photocopy of the personal identification document/passport of the inviting party in Hungary will also be submitted.
- During the visa application, you will need to provide proof of sufficient funds to last the duration of your stay.
- The Hungary tourist visa is valid for only 90 days. You are advised to exit the country before your visa expires.
- This visa does not serve study purposes. You cannot be enrolled in any of the institutions of learning in the country.
Hungary Visa Requirements in For Business Visa
- You will need to provide an invitation letter from the Hungarian company you will be visiting.
- This letter will also contain their detailed address, accompanied with the date and actual purpose of your trip.
- If the intention is to attend a meeting or seminar, confirmation or invitation from the conference organizer/institution is required.
- If you are employed, you will have to present a certificate from your employer stating or allowing your business travel.
- Your bank statement from the last 6 months is needed.
- Proof of the incentive to return to your country should be provided.
- Self-employed people will submit proof of business registration.
- You cannot be gainfully employed while you are in the country with this visa.
- It must be made clear whether your trip will be sponsored by the employer or the local company.
Hungary Visa Requirements in For Student Visa
- To receive a student visa for Hungary, you must first have an offer from a Hungarian university.
- You can only apply for your student visa prior to your departure from the Hungarian Consulate or Embassy that has jurisdiction in your state or country of permanent residence.
- Processing a visa usually takes around one month, but could be longer so make sure you apply as early as possible to avoid any unnecessary complications.
- When the consulates requires an appointment, you may need to schedule it around 4 to 6 weeks in advance because appointment times are limited.
- After the appointment, the visa processing time usually takes an additional 1 to 4 weeks.
- You will need to apply for your residence permit within 15 days of arrival in Hungary.
- This applies to both EU and non-EU citizens planning to stay in Hungary for longer than 90 days.
Check Out: UAE Embassy In Nigeria and Contact Details
Hungary Visa Requirements in For Work Visa
- Most non-EU citizens require a work visa and permit in order to go and work in Hungary.
- Normally, most of the necessary bureaucracy is handled by the employer offering the job.
- The company is required to provide various documents to the immigration authorities, such as proof of qualifications and health certification.
- The application process for a Hungarian work visa could take up to 25 days.
- The work permit and the working visa can be issued for up to two years. The actual validity depends on the applicant’s contract with the employer.
- The permit can be renewed if the employee wishes to extend his/her stay in Hungary and continues to fulfill the application requirements.
- Depending on various factors, the application can be submitted in the home country (Hungarian embassy or in certain cases consulate, depending on the current country of residence) or if in Hungary already, at the competent regional directorate of the immigration authority.
- Though the residence permit allows you to freely travel in Schengen countries for up to 90 days in a 180-day period, you cannot work in other Schengen countries with this permit. Also, you will need to apply for new work permit if you change your employer.
Hungary Embassy In Lagos
Azosik Brothers International Limited, Shop # F-5
V.G.C. Shopping Complex
Victoria Garden City
Epe Expressway, Ikota
(+234) 1 461-9617
Fax(+234) 1 461-9618
From 8AM to 4:30PM on Mondays to Fridays
Hungary Visa Application Centre in Lagos
The Manor, Plot 110 Admiral Ayinla Way Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I 105102, Lagos
0815 018 8800
From 8AM to 3PM on Mondays to Fridays (By Appointment)
Hungary Embassy in Abuja
11 River Niger Street
From 8AM to 4:30PM on Mondays to Fridays (By Appointment)
How Can I Apply For Hungary Visa in Nigeria
Hungary visa application in Nigeria is easy and straightforward. Just ensure that you start processing your application once you get all the required documents in place. Here are the steps to take:
1. Gather All Documents
Download and fill your visa application form and get the supporting documents ready. You can find this form here. Your documentation is a critical part of your visa application so ensure that you patiently fill your form and collate the documents. These documents are your tools for impressing the consular officers.
2. Book An Appointment With The Embassy
An appointment for your application submission. This can be done online; click HERE.
3. Submit Your Application/attend Interview
On the scheduled appointment date, visit the embassy with your international passport, visa application form and supporting documents. You would have to pay your visa fee at the embassy.
4. Await Embassy’s Decision
You can start expecting a message from the embassy one week after application submission.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Hungarian Visa
Usually, Schengen visas take any time from 1 week to 1 month to get ready. Anytime during this period, you will either be contacted to come for your document.
How To Apply For Hungary Visa Online
Visit the official website of the Embassy of Hungary in Nigeria to get the Hungary visa application form.
Getting your Hungary tourist, visit or business visa in Nigeria is not as frightening as many make it seem. Hungary is known to be safe, peaceful and easy to travel around. Tourists can feel safe here: in Hungary, crime statistics are generally below the European average. On the list of the Global Peace Index, Hungary is the 15th safest among 163 countries.
Now, with its 19th position, there is no cause for concern as Hungary is still a better English-speaking country than the average. 57.86% of the Hungarian men and 59.42% of the Hungarian women speak English.