How to Change GoTV Package in Nigeria: Here is a step by step guide on how to change your GoTV package in Nigeria.
GoTV is currently the fastest-growing pay-TV in Nigeria. There are many reasons for this, GoTV is affordable, as well as it is easy to install. GoTV offers many packages with each its own advantages.
With over 50 channels, you can decide on whichever suits your preference. Are you looking for a way to upgrade or downgrade your GoTv subscription plan?
This article provides a guide through which you can switch from one package to another and every other thing you need to know about GoTV subscription plans.
Reasons for Changing GoTv package
There are many reasons why one may want to change their GoTV package. For one, your present GoTV package may no longer meet your current needs in terms of the number and variety of channels you are able to access, so you might want to have access to more channels.
On the other end, you might want to change your Gotv subscription because you are no longer able to afford a particular package or find that you do not need as many channels and wish to downscale.
Whichever of these you want to get done, you can upgrade or downgrade your Gotv package to meet your current needs at your convenience and through a number of methods.
Gotv Packages or Bouquet
In 2020, GOtv rolled out outdated subscription packages and replace them with new ones. GOtv’s subscription plans and bundles have recently been changed.
GOtv Plus and GOtv Value have been phased out in favor of two new subscription plans, GOtv Jolli and GOtv Jinja. Gotv presently has five major bundles to choose from:
- GOtvMax (N3,600 per month)
- GOtvJolli (N2,460 per month)
- GOtvJinja (N1,640 per month)
- GOtvSmallie (Used to be GOtv Lite) (N800 per month)
GOtv Nigeria and the DStv pay television platform are both owned by Multichoice Nigeria.
The main distinction between DStv and GOtv is that DSTV is satellite-based, whereas GOtv employs DVB-T2, a new digital terrestrial broadcasting technology.
What to Know Before Changing your GOTV Package
The processes for upgrading or downgrading your Gotv package are the same as subscribing to a new Gotv package.
You must, however, wait for your current subscription to expire before changing, upgrading, or downgrading your subscription package.
You can alter your subscription manually by calling a Gotv customer service agent for assistance. The following is a list of ways to contact GOtv customer service agents.:
Phone number: 012703232
How to Change your Gotv Package in Nigeria
Below are the various ways you can upgrade or downgrade your Gotv package
Via Gotv’s Website
The most popular and convenient way to upgrade from your existing GOtv package is via the Gotv website.
Here is how to go about it:
Using an internet-connected device, log in to the Gotv website at https://eazy.Gotvafrica.com
Click on Login and then proceed to enter your IUC (Unique Identification Number) assigned to your decoder and your phone number.
- Select “build a package” from your dashboard.
- Select the package you need to downgrade or upgrade and then click on “next”.
- Proceed to pay by clicking on the Pay button
- Select your preferred GOtv payment system.
- Proceed to fill in your details.
- Wait for your new package to be activated.
Note: Your GOtv decoder should be tuned in to Africa Magic Channel before making payment.
Also, just like when you are renewing your subscription, your decoder should be tuned in to Africa Magic (Yoruba preferably) during the upgrading process.
See Also: DStv Packages, Channels List And Prices in Nigeria 2022
If the Gotv website method is too time-consuming, you can alter your subscription plan using the Quickteller method. In this method, you’ll use Quickteller to pay for the new GOtv subscription, then call GOtv Customer Care at 012703232 for assistance with the rest of the process.
Here’s how to utilize Quickteller to upgrade or decrease your GOtv package step by step:
- Power ON your GoTv decoder.
- Log on to the Quickteller Gotv subscription page using an internet-connected device.
- Select the Gotv package you want from the options in the drop-down menu.
- Enter your decoder’s IUC number(Unique Identification Number)
- Put in your email address, mobile phone number, and click ‘Continue’.
- Select your debit card type and then fill in your details.
- Click on the Pay button and wait for your decoder to get
Using the GoTV Mobile App
You can use the GOtv mobile app to upgrade or downgrade your GOtv package. Here is how to go about it:
- Download the GoTV Mobile App from the Google Play store
- Launch the app and register if you have not done this before
- Enter Categories
- Click ‘Pay bills’
- Click on “Cable TV Bills” from the list of options.
- Choose GoTV and select your desired package.
- Enter your IUC number and click on Next
- Enter your debit card details and click on the “Pay” button
After using the Gotv mobile app to recharge, your viewing will be restored in about 5 -15 minutes. However, ensure your viewing channel is set at Africa Magic channel to make the process seamless.
See Also: 14 Best Sites to Download Nollywood Movies in 2022
Manual upgrade and Downgrade your Gotv Subscription
You can call the Gotv Customer care to help you upgrade or downgrade your GOtv package manually.
You can reach Gotv customer care on their mobile number at 012703232 or contact GoTV Nigeria online through their social platforms.
- GoTv Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/gotvng
- GoTv NG Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GOtvNg
This is a step-by-step guide to changing, upgrading, or downgrading your GoTV package.
You can alter your Gotv subscription plan from the comfort of your own home by using the Gotv mobile app, website, Quickteller, or calling the Gotv customer service line. You can take advantage of any of these methods most convenient for you.