This is a detailed guide on how to get a job at Chevron Nigeria.
Chevron Corporation is an American multinational energy company with a global presence in more than 27 countries and 3 continents.
Chevron Nigeria is one of Africa’s largest oil-producing countries and as such is an important part of Chevron’s operations in the production and sale of a wide range of high-quality refined products ranging from gasoline, premium base oils, diesel, aviation and marine fuels to lubricating fuels. oil additives. Located at 2 Chevron Drive, Lekki Penninsula II 12825, Lekki, Lagos Nigeria.
Chevron is one of Nigeria’s largest investors and employer in the energy and oil sector.
One of Chevron’s largest research and manufacturing operations is located in Nigeria and its primary operations in Nigeria include research, blending, production, manufacturing and marketing.
In Nigeria, Chevron operates onshore and offshore assets in the Niger Delta region under a joint venture agreement with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). In addition, there is great interest in deep sea operations with multiple partners.
Their area of operation is the Agbami field, one of Nigeria’s largest deep-sea discoveries and an non-operated interest of the Usan field.
It is therefore not surprising that positions and job opportunities are highly sought after by Nigerians as Chevron not only offers career and travel opportunities but also offers many competitive and compensation advantages in the Nigerian job market and also caters to the needs of employees and living in Nigeria.
Chevron Nigeria has a different recruitment and selection process from other multinational companies based in Nigeria.
Finding a job at Chevron will require the guidance this article provides, whether you have a degree in engineering, accounting, economics, or a life science degree.
How To Get A Job at Chevron Nigeria
As mentioned earlier, Chevron’s selection and hiring process is different. Chevron values integrity, trust, diversity and resources as a company and therefore strives to employ people in this regard.
This policy is designed to provide equal opportunities to eligible individuals regardless of religion, gender, age, disability, or veteran status.
Experienced professionals or individuals applying for internships at Chevron Nigeria will not be discriminated against and will be given a fair opportunity to apply.
Hiring Process and Tips
1. The course of Study: The most important step in hiring in any organization is to make sure it matches your current or completed training course.
While most multinational companies do not set a course, your application will be more likely to be reviewed and invited to the next recruitment phase if your current or completed training course matches the company’s.
2. Curriculum Vitae: A well-written and organized resume is another important step in any application process.
A person is accessible from his autobiography both behaviorally and intellectually. Use it as a platform to present and showcase your achievements.
If you don’t know how to make the most of your CV, don’t hesitate to contact a recruitment agency that specializes in CV creation. This is acceptable
You can use these tips to help you present yourself in the best possible way:
- Make sure your CV is up to date
- Try to restrict it to two pages and keep the layout simple
- Use headings like ‘Education’ and ‘Career history to highlight different sections
- Don’t make general statements about yourself – support them with evidence. For example, explain what you have done that illustrates the qualities you have
- Try to link your skills and experience to the requirements of the role you’re applying for
- Make sure you have an updated LinkedIn profile to make filling out the application form faster.
Your CV should contain the information below in a concise and organized way
Personal details: Your full name, email address and phone number, make sure the full name you provide is the same full name written in other official documents.
Educational details: These should be listed in reverse chronological order, your most recent education first. Include the name of the institutions, the dates you were enrolled, and the qualifications you obtained or will obtain when you graduate.
It is important to also outline the relevant modules, the projects and dissertations you delivered, the grades you have achieved, and the professional skills you have developed.
Career history and professional experience: Do not undermine any experience gathered whether they were paid, voluntary or shadowing, put them all there in reverse chronological order with dates to show how long you remained in a particular role.
Mention what you had achieved when handling various roles and the skills and competencies acquired.
Achievements and outside interests: Include this information to show that you’re a rounded person with a balanced approach to life.
Focus on recent examples, describing what you contributed and learned, and how you did this.
3. Learn to Apply: Chevron has operations around the world that provide you with opportunities for continued growth, both professionally and personally.
Use online job searches to search for open positions based on keywords or areas of interest. You must first create a candidate profile and upload your resume, which will give you an idea of the tenant’s skills and qualifications.
When applications for the position are completed, the staffing team reviews the candidates and provides the hiring manager with a list of eligible candidates for review.
Use the correct information to create this account e.g. B. Real name, valid email address and contact number.
Chevron’s recruitment team will use this tool to contact you. If you have someone who works with Chevron, ask for referrals from partners, it will give you a bigger job advantage.
4. Interview: If your application is successful, and the hiring team feels your background meets the job requirements, you may be asked to an interview.
There may be additional testing depending on the role applied for or necessity. It is important you prepare for your interview. Here are some tips
5. Extensive research on Chevron and the job role you applied for. Knowing the safety procedures of visiting a Chevron campus is very important as you will be asked to review them before you arrive.
6. Be on time: It is advised you show up way earlier than your scheduled time. Chevron Nigeria is a large facility, so it may take a while for verification and pass through security. Do not forget to bring a valid form of photo identification
7. During your interview “sell” yourself: Focus on recent examples, describing what you contributed and learned, and how you did this. Be specific, make sure these examples are result-oriented and answer the particular question asked. These kinds of questions are called “behavioural questions” so research on some examples of these questions and study how to answer them correctly and smartly.
8. DO NOT BE SHY: Recruiters are more fascinated by curious candidates so ask relevant questions on your job roles and company expectations if employed. It is also a good time to discuss benefits and compensations.
9. Feedback: Due to the large number of applications received, it may take several weeks before you receive feedback from Chevron. However, if you get the job, you are expected to undergo tests which include fitness tests, drug tests, etc. some training depending on the position. If you fail, don’t be discouraged, you can always reapply using the account you created earlier.