Here is a guide that will teach you about how to change your name & age on Tinder.
Is the name reflecting on your tinder incorrect? Or you don’t seem to like it, you’ve surely come to the right place to help you with that, not only with editing your name but other relevant things you need a correction.
It is common for a Tinder user to write an incorrect name or use one that doesn’t suit you at all.
Or perhaps you intend to use a fake name or a nickname, whatever the reason might be it is possible to make amends.
But in this article, I will explain how to change your name on tinder. But first what’s Tinder?
What is Tinder?
Tinder is commonly referred to as the “hookup app,” but at its core, it is a dating app that was introduced on a college campus in 2012 and is the world’s most popular app for meeting new people.
It’s been downloaded more than 340 million times and is available in 190 countries and 40+ languages.
Tinder is simple and fun—use the Swipe Right feature to Like someone, and if someone likes you back, it’s a match! and it brings that diverse dating pool that you may – or may not – have had access to at a bar or club straight to you.
To use Tinder, you must create a profile, noting your current location, gender, age, distance, and gender preferences. Then you begin swiping.
After you see someone’s photo and a small biography, you can either swipe left if you dislike them or right if you do like them.
If another person swipes right, both of you are matched, and you can begin chatting with one another.
How to use Tinder
How to Change Your Name on Tinder
Unfortunately, it isn’t feasible to change your name, if you utilized your email address or phone number to generate the preliminary account.
But, if you’ve used Facebook to prep your Tinder account, then you’re in luck. Formerly you’ve changed your name on Facebook, this recent data will instantly be redone on your Tinder account.
Here’s how you can change your name on your Facebook account:
- Move to your Facebook account.
- Hit on the arrow icon on the top right of the screen.
- Choose “Settings and Privacy.”
- Select “Settings.”
- Make sure to click on “General” on the left.
- Beneath “General Account Settings,” you’ll discern “Name.”
- Hit on the “Edit” button next to it.
- Type a new name.
- Commune on “Review Change.”
How Can I Change My Age on Tinder
- Earlier you’re on your Facebook newsfeed, click on the contour photo.
- Thump on “About” below it.
- Select “Contact and Basic Info.”
- Scroll down to your birthday.
- Thump on the pen icon next to it to amend the date.
How to Change Your Tinder Name Without Facebook
If you’ve utilized an email address or phone digit to build your Tinder account, unfortunately, you can’t alter your Tinder name.
How to Change Your Name with Tinder Plus
Those with Tinder Plus might speculate they can remake their name on Tinder because they spend for their account.
Still, unless you used Facebook to create your Tinder account, you similarly can’t bring in alterations to your name.
How To Change Your Name and Phone Number On Tinder?
- Log in to your Tinder account via the app, or move to the Tinder website.
- Commune on the contour icon.
- Roll down until you see “Account Settings.”
- Select “Phone Number.”
- Select “Update My Phone Number.”
- Type in your new phone number.
- Pause for the verification code.
- Type in the code and heed the instructions on the screen.
Also Read: 14 Best Celebrity Dating Apps In 2022
What to Do If Tinder Doesn’t Allow Me Change My Name
If changing your name is that crucial, you can similarly contemplate discontinuing your recent Tinder account and creating a fresh one with the name you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Tinder free?
The basics: Match. Chat. Date. That’s our mantra. It’s easy and fun to find people on Tinder.
Make your profile stand out with your best pics and a little something about you to increase your match-making potential. Swipe Right™ on a profile to Like someone, swipe left to pass.
If someone likes you back, It’s a match!
How to create a Tinder profile
To create your Tinder account, you will need to download the mobile application for iOS or Android or access the site from a web browser.
You will then need to link a mobile phone number, Facebook, or Gmail account.
During sign-up, you’ll be prompted to input information on your gender, date of birth, interests, and sexual preferences.
Users are even able to include external links like Spotify and Instagram.
Also, be prepared to give Tinder access to your location while using the app, and upload photos.
After, you’ll begin a tutorial on how to use the app, which will show you the application’s functionality and basic features.
Once on the app homepage, you can see that there are buttons that affect how you interact with a potential match below every profile.
Here’s what they are and how they work:
- Rewind: The yellow rewind allows you to reverse a potential match you skipped on. Rewind only works if you are a Tinder Plus or Gold subscription member.
- X: The red X skips the person you don’t have an interest in and dissolves any chance of matching. You can also do this by swiping your finger to the left on your mobile device.
- Star: The blue star is for when you “Super Like” someone. It’s a premium feature that lets you show a potential match your interest before the swiping process begins.
- Heart: The green heart indicates you have an interest in someone. You can also swipe on a profile picture with your finger for the same effect.
- Lightning Bolt : Boost or Super Boost is a premium feature that puts your profile at the top of the list in your area for 30 minutes so that your profile can get more views, which can lead to more matches on Tinder.
Tinder Premium Features
Although Tinder is free, there are tier-based subscription options that you can pay monthly or yearly.
You can subscribe to premium features for Tinder in increments of one month, six months, or a year.
To upgrade your Tinder account, you’ll need to go into your Settings.
At $9.99 a month, this tier allows for unlimited swiping, the ability to change your location with Passport, more “Super Likes,” an additional “Boost,” and “Rewinds” each month.
You can also limit information people see about you, like your age and distance, and navigate the app ad-free.
Starting at around $18 a month, you get all of the Tinder Plus benefits but can also see the profiles of everyone who liked you before you say yay or nay, as well as a curated selection of top picks for potential matches that change daily.
They’ll come with particular labels that describe them with a selling point like “Creative,” “Adventurer,” and “Fashionista.”
Priced at the higher $32 to $40 a month depending on age, all the Tinder Gold and Plus benefits are included at this tier.
Additionally, when you “like” someone, you have priority over those who are not subscription-based, and when “Super Like”-ing someone, you can send a message before a match.
This option is currently only available as an upgrade from the other two tiers and can’t be purchased outright.
Wrapping Up on How To Change Your Name on Tinder
That’s all on how to change your name on Tinder. If you have any questions or opinions, do leave a comment